Announcing IRON BREWER Championship Round!
Time is upon us to start the CHAMPIONSHIP round of IRON BREWER! The participants in this round will have 3 ingredients they must use to complete a beer. There is no predefined style or method, only that it must be an Ale or Lager (no Braggots, Gruits, Meads, or Wine), completed in 8 weeks and incorporate the 3 ingredients listed below. The winner will be the brewer who best incorporates the 3 ingredients in a quality Homebrew. Six brewers will be competing for over $500 in prizes as the winners of their respective rounds.
Click here for the full rules.
The idea of IRON BREWER is to let the brewers be creative. We are not going to dictate the quantity, method, or how the ingredient is used in the recipe. It is also not meant to be easy and will require thought by the homebrewer how to craft a recipe with these 3 seemingly unrelated items.
The Ingredients in the Championship round of IRON BREWER will be:
- Recipe Completed by Jan 28th.
- Podcast Tasting/recording on April 1st 8pm EST
- Round 1, Joe Postma won with a Drye American Stout
- Round 2, Jonathan Moxey won with a Belgian Golden Strong Ale
- Round 3, Joseph Lemnah won with a Robust Smoked Brown Ale with Bourbon infused Vanilla Beans
- Round 4, Tony Sevold won with a Strisselspalt Liquor(ish) Acid Porter Pale
- Round 5, Brian Roberts won with a Oaked Cranberry Belgian Pale Ale
- Round 6, Jim Lavin won with a Chocolate Citrus Stout
Check out Iron Brewer at http://www.IronBrewer.com