Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA Organic version (Extract)
In early June I was contacted by Mike Kivowitz, founder of Leafygreen.info wanting to partner up to brew an organic version of the Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. If any of you have looked for a clone of the 60 Minute IPA, you know there are a bunch of them out there and they are all different. Here is our take on the Dogfish head 60 Minute IPA.
Before you start you should have a liter starter of American Ale yeast going.
- 9lbs, Briess Organic Liquid Pale Malt (8.0 SRM)
- 1.00 lb Great Western Organic crystal 15 malt (40.0 SRM)
Steep the grains grains for 45 minutes at 155° with 12qts of water
After the steep add the 9lbs of pale malt to the wort, top off to 6 gallons in brew pot with water and bring to a rolling boil
- 1.00 oz Warrior organic Pellets [15.40 %] 60-35 minutes
- 0.50 oz Simcoe organic Pellets [12.20 %] 35-25 minutes
- 1.00 oz Palisades organic Pellets [4.60 %] 25-0 minutes
- 0.25 tsp iris moss at 15 minutes remaining
Add the warrior hops continuously for 25minutes starting at 60 minutes. Add the Simcoe continuously for 10 minutes from the 35 minute. Finally add the Palisades continuously for 25 minutes.
Cool the wort down to 75°, take you Gravity reading. Ad the yest and let it sit for 7-10 days. The final gravity should be around 1.011.
From primary move beer to secondary, dry hop for 11 days the following:
- .5 oz Amarillo whole leaf hops
- .5 oz Simcoe hops
- 1 oz Glacier Hops
after 11 days of dryhopping, move to Tertiary Fermentor for 2 more weeks.
After that, bottle or keg it, wait 4 weeks and enjoy!